Thursday, August 12, 2010

What's with the....

...last few nights? It seems that I can't seem to go to sleep around midnight at the earliest. Of course my friend who will remain nameless at this moment has been over every night and not leaving to go to their place until someone falls asleep. Meanwhile I've been providing the music which is nothing but 80's love songs or songs that mention the word love. HAHAHA! That is what they get for letting me supervise them. I don't think I will get to sleep before 4am. I just hope that I will be able to wake up at 8am to do "Preach My Gospel" study with my roommate Jackie.



After Jackie and I started to study together we have been noticing that we are have quite a few missionary experiences. I guess the Lord is letting us know that we are on the right path in our studying. My experience was on Tuesday night, our "Temple Night", when I had the opportunity to give the devotional before doing baptisms. The lesson was 'Dressed in White' and while giving it some random guy comes up and sits down to hear what I was teaching the others of our group. When I had finished he asked a question regarding a comment I made earlier about Moses' time when they wore special garments and had annointings. He asked where in the scriptures it said that and I was able to give him the scripture passage ( Leviticus 8:5-13). It was a very unique experience and it certainly help me to enjoy doing the baptisms more fully. I hope that I will have more experiences like that as I continue to study the Preach My Gospel book and my scriptures.


On a side note two of my friends are going thru the temple in the next couple of weeks to get their endowments and I can't wait to share in their experience. One friend, my roommate, has asked me to be her escort for her first time thru. She is so excited and I am as well. She and I have been working on a Temple Prep class at the house. She went thru it once before but we are reviewing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment